The overall goal of the Tuberculosis Control and Prevention Section is to support national tuberculosis programs in Sudan and countries of the Region, to reduce the disease burden and suffering attributable to tuberculosis. The Strategic Objectives of the Section lie within the five departmental units. Relevant targets and related indicators within each strategic objective highlight the anticipated outcomes over this planning period (2007-2012).
Public Participation is needed in the form of the Stop TB partnership to:
- Getting more commitment Mobilizing more resources
- Increasing the access
- Developing more appropriate applicable tools
- All this Lead to increase the case detection rate and treat more TB patients.
- Components of the first partnership:
- DOTS committees170
- Universities out reach 19
- Schools out reach 300
- TB in workplaces17
- TB in prisons 27
- TB in forth defense (Police and army) 37
- Head of Section
- Dr. Elsony Hamad Elniel
- Prof. Asma Elsony