NCD & Child & Adult Lung Health
Leadership of Epi-Lab in research activities supported by National and International Partners is well illustrated by the work of the Research to support the Tobacco Cessation and Comprehensive Lung Approach.
Controlling Tuberculosis and utilizing the model for Comprehensive Lung Approach; will promote equity, poverty reduction, and improve socioeconomic development of the targeted population in Sudan. The objective of lung health department is to support research to develop and validate cost-effective interventions for the control of Lung Diseases in Sudan a model that can hopefully be replicated by other Developing countries.
NCDs, Child and adults lung health department is a core department in Epilab. The department has five main sections.
- Tobacco cessation
- Pneumonia in children Unit
Key facts, activities and research :
- Adoption of Standard Case Management approach in different states such as Gezira and Khartoum state.
- Sudan Asthma guidelines.
- Trainings of health cadre on asthma standard case management.
- National surveys on the prevalence of COPD in Khartoum and Gezira states.
- Manual of Tobacco cessation and intervention.
- Study on feasibility of brief tobacco cessation advise for tuberculosis patients.
To support research to develop and validate cost-effective interventions for the control of Lung Diseases in Sudan a model that can hopefully be replicated by other Developing countries. .