Health Informatics Department
The department started with a vision of having a quality health data, Evidence based decisions and integrated health data systems. Our mission is to lead the development and implementation of comprehensive and integrated health information that support decision making; and having an effective health system management that improve health and health care.
The department has three sub sections:
- Data management,
- Geographical Information system and
- Knowledge Management
Each of which has its own strategic plans that integrate with overall department strategic plans.
Key Outcomes, Research And Projects
- An Asthma Follow-up System using RapidSMS.
- Urban Heart research (Health Equity Assessment and Response Tool).
- A comparison study between mobile-based data collection and paper-based data collection in a burden of obstructive pulmonary disease in Gezira state.
- Development of a web based TB surveillance system.
- Aiding decision making in public health domain using GIS mapping.
- GIS mapping for different Epilab sections, projects and research.
- Conference of knowledge management in health.
- Co-organizer on the first knowledge management capacity in Africa workshop.
- Improve the Comprehensiveness, Quality and Availability of Data in the Epilab ,
- Support Population Health and Health System Decision-Making in Epilab and Sudan.
- Deliver Organizational Excellence.